‘We were so glad we opted to see Dr Makwana, he answered all our concerns, was great with our child and so reassuring to know there is an option to waiting five months on the NHS’
‘Very pleasant. Good bedside manner’
‘Very happy with Dr Makwana, he talks to both my son and me, listens to us, very positive about my son’s progress’
‘Demonstrates empathy for patient and delivers clear, easy to follow advice’
‘He understood my allergy’
‘Very happy with care given, thank you!’
‘Dr Makwana is a outstanding doctor. Many thanks for your ongoing support. You make our visit worthwhile’
‘It was like you waved a magic wand and things were better’
‘Thank you Dr Makwana for never giving up till you found a treatment that worked for us’
‘It was the first time she went through a whole school performance without having to leave because of running nose or appearance of an allergic rash’
‘It was the first time someone believed us and the advice you gave made such a difference – he is getting on really well at school,
‘Not only did your explanation of how to use a nose spray help our son, it sorted out why my husband’s hayfever hadn’t been controlled for so many years, so he thanks you as well!’
‘Very clear, friendly approach’
‘If returning to area would recommend seeing this doctor again’
‘Dr Makwana has really helped and reassured me with my childs treatment and overall he is a fantastic doctor’
‘Me and my daughter are very thankful to him. Thank you’
‘The consultant was really good, polite and explained everything. He was thourough and informative. thank you’
‘Excellent all round, friendly service, very well informed. excellent doctor’
‘Very keen and interested in allergies. asset to the hospital’
‘The doctor was very helpful, patient and explained everything clearly. he was easy to talk to and gave us enough time to discuss’
‘Very satisfied with the consultation’
‘I am very happy how the doctor looked after us and explain everything to us’
‘Dr Makwana was lovely, he went into detail and made me feel at ease’
Paediatric Allergy Service at City and Sandwell Hospital – Most Improved Service
Dr Nick Makwana given ‘excellent’ rating click here to read
Highly Commended in the Hospital Staff Awards for ‘Excellence in Customer Care’ click here to read
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health carried out a Patient and Family Survey of Dr Nick Makwana’s practice. The results are shown below. As you can see Dr Makwana rated above average in all areas.
Paediatric Practice Survey questions :
1. How much chance were you given to discuss or do the things you wanted during the consultation?
2. How well do you understand your child’s condition(s) now you have seen the doctor?
3. How well do you understand your child’s treatment(s) now you have seen the doctor?
4. How well did the doctor explain the risks of your child’s condition?
5. How well did the doctor explain the risks of the treatment of your child’s condition?
6. How confident do you feel in looking after your child’s medical condition(s) now you have seen the doctor?
7. How good with your child is this doctor?
8. How good with you in this doctor?
9. How much was the doctor interested in your point of view when he was asking questions?
10. How much was the doctor interest in your point of view when he was planning and explaining things?
11. How much was the doctor interested in your child’s point of view?
12. How well do you feel the doctor listened to you?
13. How well do you think the doctor understood you?
14. How well did the doctor explain things?
15. How much information did this doctor give you on where you can find further information or support available for you and your child?
16. How well did the doctor respect your child’s right to privacy, dignity and confidentiality?
17. Overall, how satisfied are you with the doctor in this consultation?